École de technologie supérieure
1100, rue Notre-Dame Ouest
Montreal (Quebec) H3C 1K3
Size of student body: ???
Founded in May 2010. The office guides various departments, offices and services in the implementation of Sustainable Development. This office provides the university with sustainable resources.
Email: email@example.com, batirdurable.etsmtl.ca
Environmental/Social Justice Student Clubs
Name of Club: TirbuTerre
Type of Club:Student group on sustainable development
Ideology/Affiliation: (if applicable) example: OPIRG, Regenesis, etc.
Name of Club: Association du Batiment Durable de L’école de Technologie Supérieure
Description: A platform designed to educate industry professionals, the academic community and the public about the benefits of sustainable buildings. Involved in various projects and competitions such as:
– Made of of 80 students from ETS, competing against other Quebec universities
– Participants are required to design and build a green home running exclusively on solar energy.
– Prize is $100,000 in US currency
– Created a library exclusively for “green” resources; books and magazines
– Proud partner of the first inter university competition
– Design a building that is ecologically friendly
Name of Club: Eclipse
Type of Club: team of students creating a vehicle made from solar energy
ENVIRONMENTAL/SOCIAL JUSTICE STUDENT INITIATIVES
Name of Initiative: C.R.A.B.E- Bike Shop
Project by TirbuTerre
FUNDING SOURCES AVAILABLE
Sustainability Office Funding, Student-Club Funding, Student-Union Funding,
fixed funding for student organizations (such as at Wilfred Laurier),
Student-levies (include amounts given to each applicable group/initiative; how to go about running a levy, what can levies fund, what restrictions are on levies [e.g. some universities forbid any funding going to external organizations], the varying amounts of levies, etc.)